Deciding to go to law school is a big decision with far-reaching consequences. It’s important to do your research and really understand what you’re getting into!
Read on for lots of useful podcast episodes to help you make your choice and to get ready for law school. We’ve also got advice about the decision to go to law school, getting ahead of the curve, and on acing the LSAT, so you’ll have the most possible options at your disposal.
Best of luck in your law school decision making! If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line and ask.
SHOULD YOU GO TO LAW SCHOOL?
- Breaking Down Law School Statistics – What Does It All Mean? A lot of information is thrown at 0Ls: LSAT scores, rankings, tiers, and passage rates. How do you know what’s important when deciding on a school? How do you even decide if a school would be a good fit? Let us help you put together all the pieces and break down some law school statistics.
- 6 Factors For Choosing the Right Law School Once you’ve made the exciting decision to attend law school, you’re faced with another dilemma: where should I apply? You may be tempted to apply to certain schools based solely on their ranking, but there’s more to having a successful law school experience than being admitted to a highly ranked school. To increase the likelihood that you’ll have a successful (and enjoyable) law school experience, there are 6 factors you should consider when choosing a law school.
- Everything You Need to Know About Law School Scholarships Law school is expensive, so you should find out more about scholarships and if they’re an option for you!
- How (and Why) You Should Work With a Pre-Law Advisor There’s a big disconnect between students and advisors: advisors always say they wish students would come to them more often and students say that they wish they had more resources. Students, your advisor is right. Here’s why you should work with your Pre-Law Advisor.
- How to Decide Which Law School is Right For You Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to law school! As the acceptance (or rejection) letters start rolling in, now is the time to think seriously about some chief considerations before making the big decision. Which law school is right for you? If you’re choosing between several options, consider the following.
- Community College Students: Is it Ever Too Early to Start Thinking About Law School? There are many reasons why people go to community college, and being a community college student should never be considered an automatic death sentence. With perseverance, drive, and careful planning, a person can get anywhere. If you are considering law school but feel a bit overwhelmed, here are answers to three common pre-law questions.
- Should You Take Time Off Before Starting Law School? If you’re a rising college senior (or obsessively planning freshman) thinking about going to law school, you might want to consider taking time off before starting law school and diving straight into three more years of intimidatingly mysterious academia.
- Choosing the Best Location for Law School We want to talk to you about a very important factor in choosing a law school: location! Read on to learn why you should take location into consideration and what kind of experience you can expect to have in different regions of the country.
- Law School Prep: How to Prepare for Law School as a 0L Are you gearing up for law school? Here are some important things you should (and shouldn’t!) do before you start.
- What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? Even before you head off to law school, you should be thinking about what kind of job you want to have after you graduate. Here are some factors you should consider when trying to make that decision.
- Everything You Need to Know About Finding Your Law School Wondering about getting the right fit in law school? Here are some things you should do before choosing a school.
- Scholarships for Law School: Where and How to Get Them Struggling with how to pay for law school without racking up massive amounts of debt? Believe it or not, there are scholarships and grants that exist for law students, and here are some ways to find and access them!
- Resources for Deciding Where to Apply for Law School It’s important to make an informed decision when you apply to law schools. Do you want to know what information you need and where to get it? Here are some resources for you!
- Everything You Need to Know About Law School – Law School Terminology While the beginning of your law school career can be confusing, your transition can be made easier by becoming comfortable with legal terminology. Here are some basic terms that should help you navigate the application process and the start of law school.
- How to Work on Your Personal Statement When Applying to Law School Do you have trouble talking about yourself and your achievements? Here are some of the things that you should focus on in order to make your personal statement shine!
- What You Should Be Reading to Prepare for Your 1L Year Are you hoping to get a jump on things for your 1L year? Here are some suggested reading materials to prepare you for the challenge ahead!
- 10 Books to Read Before Starting Law School Before the required reading begins, consider reading these ten books to prepare yourself for your new professional education!
- Can You Risk Attending a Mid to Low Ranked Law School? Choosing a law school is very different than choosing many other types of professional or vocational school. Law school rankings are, to a certain extent, the most important factor to consider when deciding which school to attend – or are they? Is there a way this dreaded fact is actually fiction? Isn’t there a more individualized approach that will liberate perspective lawyers from applying within the select T-14? There certainly is, and we will help you!
- Interview with Kathleen Hunker, J.D. We interview Kathleen Hunker, a senior policy analyst with the Center for Economic Freedom at the Texas Public Policy Foundation. Her untraditional legal career in the policy field taught her some valuable lessons about law school life, the bar exam, and career choices, and we share this with you.
- How to Know If You Should Really Go to Law School: Questions to Ask Yourself If you are thinking about going to law school, there are a few questions you should ask yourself before taking such an expensive and time-consuming step.
- Podcast Episode 96: How to Rapidly Pay Off Law School Debt (With Guest Financial Panther) Are your law school debts (or the thought of incurring them) weighing on your mind? The founder of Financial Panther discusses how law students and young lawyers can make smart financial decisions.
- Podcast Episode 113: Life as a First-Generation College and Law Student (With Shirlene Armstrong) If you’re considering law school, but would be the first in your family to do so, this podcast is for you! Shirlene Armstrong is talking about her experience, including some of the particular challenges she encountered as a first-generation law student.
- Podcast Episode 119: Navigating the Law School Application Process (With Admission Logic) Are you thinking about applying to law school? Listen for information about how to approach your law school (and LLM!) applications.